There is currently no vaccine to prevent the spread of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19).
- The best way to prevent coronavirus is to avoid being exposed to this virus.
- Coronavirus is mainly spread from person-to-person.
- Between people who are in close contact with one another (within about 6 feet).
- Through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs, sneezes or talks.
- These droplets can land in the mouths or noses of people who are nearby or possibly be inhaled into the lungs.
- Some recent studies have suggested that COVID-19 may be spread by people who are not showing symptoms.
Clean your hands often to prevent the spread of coronavirus
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they feel dry.
- Do not touch your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands. This tips can prevent the spread of coronavirus
Avoid close contact
- Keep social distance with people who are sick
- Stay home as much as possible
- Put distance between yourself and other people.
- Remember that some people without symptoms may be able to spread coronavirus.
- Keeping distance from others is especially important for people who are at higher risk of getting very sick.
Wearing a face mask often helps prevent the spread of coronavirus.
Wearing of face mask can help prevent the spread of coronavirus, it helps to trap larger respiratory droplet.
Cover coughs and sneezes
- If you are in a private setting and do not have a nose mask, remember to always cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze or cover your nose and mouth with your elbow to prevent the spread of coronavirus.
- Throw used tissues in the trash.
- Immediately wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not readily available, clean your hands with a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol, This will kill all germs in your hand and it keeps you safe from contracting coronavirus.
Clean and disinfect
- Clean AND disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily. This includes tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets, and sinks.
- If surfaces are dirty, clean them. Use detergent or soap and water prior to disinfection. Make sure to practice all the listed tips and keep your family and friend safe from coronavirus.